Provide project engineering support and leadership to assist the Cardinal Plant in meeting capital, safety, quality, production and cost reduction goals
As a Project Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Work with contractors and vendors to specify equipment and installations.
- Ensure regulatory and company compliance with all applicable standards, procedures, and best working practices.
- Demonstrate good practices and leadership in safety and environmental stewardship.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to the plant.
- Work with the production, engineering, and other plant teams to improve safety, product quality, and production efficiencies.
- Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis discussions and implement solutions as identified.
- Responsible for concept, design, estimating, proposal submittal, purchasing, installation, start-up, commissioning, documentation, training, and closure of capital projects.
- Utilize methodologies including Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Effective Communication, 5S, where appropriate.
- Demonstrate completed projects meet the design objectives.
- Coordinating activities with individuals from other functional areas within the company to support overall business strategy and goals.
- Maintaining open communication with departmental personnel.
- Providing exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Assist in mentoring of less experienced engineers.
The Project Engineer position is well-suited for you if you:
Possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with engineers with a variety of experience
Work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships at multiple organizational levels and across different functions.
Demonstrate a degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation in handling complex technical assignments, with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate leadership potential, are well-organized and team-oriented.
Qualified candidates will have:
University degree in Applied Sciences in Mechanical, Chemical or Food Engineering discipline.
At least five years of related work experience in food industry or similar manufacturing business preferred. Salary and title to be commensurate with experience.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Sound technical ability and experience.
Good project management skills.
Knowledge of engineering and unit operations relevant to the corn wet milling industry, such as basic chemistry, heat and material balances, mechanical and physical/chemical separations and energy management.
Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify opportunities or improvements, make recommendations, implement action plans, and follow up to assure effective results.
Demonstrate knowledge of the use of personal computers to prepare reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using MS Windows-based programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Ability to effect change through persuasion and good communication.
Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Multi-tasking and time management skills.
Ability to deal with ambiguity
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.