Provide electrical expertise and leadership to the Cardinal and London plants. This position is responsible for the maintenance and reliability of medium and high voltage electrical power distribution systems. Develop, review and lead all potential capital projects pertaining to the power distribution systems. Provide technical expertise to the Ingredion I/E work force and consult/supervise contractors.
As an Electrical Engineering Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the execution of the high voltage maintenance program
- Design and implement new electrical systems and equipment required to support Plant operations.
- Apply knowledge to evaluate and improve electrical systems, equipment, components and applications
- Develop and implement capital projects, including budget, scope of work, specifications, bid packages, construction and documentation
- Maintain, update and create documentation related to power distribution system and electrical equipment, including drawings, databases, standards and specifications, software, settings and configuration files, reports
- Comply with Safety and Health programs.
- Analyze root causes of failures and implement strategies to continuously improve electrical equipment reliability
- Document to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and protection of the workforce and equipment.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of new technologies and applications that may be beneficial to the business.
- Investigate and implement electrical energy saving opportunities in the plant
The Electrical Engineering Specialist position is well-suited for you if you are able to:
- Provide expert advice to Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and other departments to correct any electrical issues
- Assist in developing and implementing training related to electrical equipment for plant personnel
- Build and maintain relationships with the electrical contractors and suppliers to obtain required level of support
- Share knowledge and provide assistance within the group, with other plants and any other customers within the organization.
- Establish long term relationships with internal customers including peers, plant operating staff, and other engineering resources to facilitate communication and deliver the best solution.
- Organize, schedule, and carry out multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ensure activities are carried out in accordance with Corporate and Governmental EHS requirements
- Implement proactive maintenance strategies balancing cost implications and needs as well as providing troubleshooting assistance to drive process performance improvements in support of operations,
- Use improvement techniques to address complex issues.
- Facilitate sharing of knowledge across the organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering preferred specialty in Power Systems, with a minimum of 3-6 years of industrial experience. Applicants without an Engineering Degree may be considered based on education and industrial experience. Salary and job title commensurate with experience.
- Possesses an understanding of requirements for installation of equipment in Hazardous locations.
- Knowledge of and experience in more than one of the following plant process control systems: Allen Bradley PLCs, Modicon PLCs, Foxboro I/A DCS, Aspen IP.21
- A self-starter with the initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to lead and direct a group of multidisciplinary contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge in the sizing, specification, installation requirements of Electrical Motors.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the specification, installation and commissioning of VFDs, and Motor Soft Starters
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.