JOB TITLE: Senior Account Manager-Corrugating
LOCATION: Quebec & Eastern Canada- Home office based
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager, Sales
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Account Manager to provide sales and technical support to corrugating customers in the Quebec and Eastern Canada region. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible to deliver planned volume and pricing for a specific customer base. Support the strategic goals of the Industrial Sales Team by maintaining existing relationships and maximizing profitability of the customer base. Develop and manage new business opportunities while selling high value added ingredients to both current and new customers.
As Senior Account Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of Sales Territory – Organize sales territory and customer account coverage according to Ingredion’s requirements. Make scheduled sales contact with regular and perspective customers to cultivate and maintain relationships with various buying influences within customers’ organizations. Independently manage time, territory, account management and decision making that support both the regional and national account programs as well as our overall strategy. Organize a sales operating strategy which includes the identification of business opportunities and variables effecting customers and markets.
- Direct Customer Sales – Actively identify and contact appropriate customer targets in the assigned territory; monitor and direct the effective use of technical, marketing and other company resources throughout the customer sales cycle; close customer transactions in an efficient and professional manner. Understand thoroughly corn market factors to construct and present to customers a contract that is either firm priced or grain related.
- Strategic Support – Contribute to and support the strategic business plan and adjust tactical sales plans to developing market conditions. Actively support National Account Managers to provide coverage and information as necessary to support business objectives. Maximize market position and profitability on both value added and core product lines.
- Contract Negotiations – Negotiate annual contracts with customers and manage the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts.
- Customer Relations – Coordinate customer and company needs with internal departments to maximize sales and profitability. Provide immediate analysis of customer issues and employ problem solving intervention tactics to obtain successful solutions and total customer satisfaction. Responsible for all sales and business activities for certain key regional accounts with multi plant locations outside of assigned territory.
- Communication - Develop and maintain effective channels of communication with the field sales group in order to better communicate all issues related to pricing, market trends, sales initiatives, technical requirements, new product development applications and overall market direction. Understand the competitive landscape, monitor competitive developments and activities of competitors in the marketplace. Maintain communication with customer service and credit to assure both customer needs and contract obligations are being met. Communicate with demand planning team for timely and accurate forecasting. Effectively communicate this information to management and sales team members.
The Senior Account Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are self-motivated and results driven and highly organized
- Have a strong customer focused mindset and enjoy teamwork and collaboration
- Are a creative problem solver who can deal with ambiguity
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or engineering or equivalent work related experience in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of the corrugating industry including competitors, their products and the markets they serve is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage day-to-day activity of National Account locations where the contract has been negotiated outside the assigned territory. Demonstrated ability to independently manage time and territory,
- Demonstrated ability to assume a macro approach to sales within assigned territory by utilizing Ingredion’s global resources.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously as well as closing the sale.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with proven proficiency in disseminating information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of PC’s, proficient level of experience with spreadsheet and word processing tools.
- Must travel up to 50%.
Relocation Available? None
Job Grade: S07
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.