Ingredion is a leading global ingredients solutions company. We make sweeteners, starches, nutrition ingredients and biomaterials that are used by customers in everyday products from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals.
The Cardinal plant located along the St. Lawrence Seaway in Eastern Ontario began operating in 1858. Over time it has become one of the largest producers of corn-refined ingredients, and one of the largest agri-food processors in Canada.
This position is responsible to monitor process conditions and provide technical support and troubleshooting to assist operations in meeting safety, quality, production, and cost goals. In addition responsible to identify and possibly implement process improvements.
- Provide technical support to operations and maintenance groups, including process studies, troubleshooting, process optimization and maintenance of historical data to identify, monitor and control key operating parameters
- Carry out engineering studies as assigned to support plant goals.
- Develop, evaluate and seek approval for process modifications and optimization programs to improve the efficiency and the capability of the process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Candidate for Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify opportunities for improvement and implement action plans and follow-up to ensure effective results.
- Ability to successfully perform engineering functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present technical information and prepare concisely written reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of corn wet milling process, and the systems and principles involved in its operation would be an advantage.