JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Service Technologist
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario Canada
REPORTS TO: Project Leader, Canada Technical Service
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Technical Service Technologist to provide technical support to customers for a broad range of food applications. The Senior Technologist will assist customers in new product development and developing new and creative food concepts to showcase innovative ingredient solutions. Activities will include promoting functional ingredients and solutions, conducting bench/in-house, pilot plant and production scale trials at customers utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices and performing troubleshooting investigations. The Senior Technical Service Technologist will have responsibility for maintaining superior working relationships with technical individuals at key customer accounts. He/she will assist the development of ideas for technology improvements and cost savings and will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Applications and the Go-To-Market team to promote functional, value-added ingredients and solutions to meet customer needs.
As a Senior Technical Service Technologist, your responsibilities will mainly include:
- Providing technical expertise and support to customers for a broad range of food & beverage applications. Demonstrating knowledge of the company’s technologies, solutions and their applications in customers’ products via phone/e-mail, face-to-face meetings, presentations, and at trade shows.
- Building strong customer relationships with key technical individuals and decision makers.
- Working in collaboration with Canada Go-To-Market team to provide technical leadership in recommending solutions to customers, creating customer value and building knowledge to execute goals.
- Developing and conducting trainings for customers and our Canada Go-To-Market team.
- Managing multiple customer projects to prioritize, develop and implement the Go-To-Market strategy with sales account managers and working in cross-functional teams.
- Promoting functional value-added ingredients and solutions by phone, face to face meetings, presentations and at trade shows.
The Senior Technologist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Like to work on the bench and/or in the pilot plant developing formulations and testing ingredient performance. Have a passion for culinology and the food industry in general.
- Can deal with ambiguity and be a creative problem solver
- Create value for customers by actively using knowledge of overall business and markets to execute goals.
- Like to offer new ideas and thinks out-of-the-box and are willing to continuously learn.
- Embrace change, are flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Work collaboratively with peers, manager, team leads, key stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Have a professional affiliation to a professional association (food industry is preferred).
- Passion for culinology and food industry.
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS/MS in Food Science/Food Engineering or other related discipline with 3 to 5+ years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
- Demonstrated experience of creative, hands-on concept development and formulation using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in interactions with ingredient manufacturers or consumer good manufacturing companies preferred
- Previous starch technology experience is desired, microscopy techniques knowledge, customer presentation skills familiar with product formulation software
- Knowledge of common food processes, food ingredient functionality and ingredient interactions such as starches, hydrocolloids, fats, proteins etc., is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience in executing work and delivering projects on time. Understanding of how project plans and priorities are set.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, continuous improvement and statistical data analysis preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (technical reports for internal and external distribution, presentations, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
- Ability to travel 35-40% of the time.
Relocation Available? Within country considered
Job Grade: F
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.