TITLE: Training Specialist
LOCATION: Cardinal, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Wet Starch Divisional Manager
Ingredion is hiring a Training Specialist to plan, develop, coordinate, and execute training and development programs, courses, and activities for the plant.
The Human Resources Group is focused on promoting employee growth and helping employees in professional development, gaining needed experience for future roles, and expanding the depth of knowledge and expertise.
As a Training Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Unit Management to determine process training needs, including job skill qualifications and process refresher training
- Maintaining a consistent method of evaluating and documenting job skill qualifications and process training program effectiveness
- Providing ongoing training support to all plant work groups to enhance process knowledge resulting in high quality, safe, and on-time product delivery to enhance external customer experience
- Working effectively with Human Resources team to develop, coordinate, and/or lead the implementation of plant-wide training programs and initiatives, including new hire orientation, leadership development, software training, process and technical enhancements, and troubleshooting
- Recommending, evaluating, and coordinating outside resources brought in to assist in technical and process training activities, as needed
- Conducting Learning Management System administration activities, including user / records updates
The Training Specialist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills with proven ability to lead in a team environment
- Demonstrate teamwork and customer service oriented skills with the proven ability to interface with personnel at all levels to create a positive learning environment
- Build collaboration and trust among team members
- Approach new situations with a high degree of innovation and creativity
Qualified candidates will have:
- Post-secondary education adult learning or related technical or business discipline
- Certified Learning Professional, or significant experience as a trainer in a manufacturing environment with proven effective training record
- Significant experience developing, implementing, and delivering training programs for hourly and salaried employees
- Working knowledge of corn wet milling and the ability to transfer this knowledge to others
- PC and systems skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, and general understanding of operations/business systems (Intelex, SAP, Workday)
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.